SBI CIF NUMBER: SBI is an Indian multinational public bank that fulfills the needs of both governments; either it is the central government or state government. SBI being the most famous and supreme bank in the country having several branches all over India. SBI provides numerous services to customers and acts as an agent of the reserve bank of India (RBI) in case of no branch. Most of us are well aware of its role and responsibility few of them are mentioned just have a look.
- Accepting deposit.
- Providing loans.
- Investment options.
- Providing cards for online transactions.
- Withdrawal option.
NET BANKING AND ITS BENEFITS
As time goes by the banking sector in India is rapidly changing and bringing new innovative tools and techniques to operate. With the advent of the internet, the banking system has upgraded and transformed its working style. Especially with the introduction of net banking, it becomes quite easy and fast to operate.
- Online bill payment
- 24*7 service
- Save time
- More secured
These are some benefits you can avail of if you are using the net banking feature provided by banks.
UNDERSTANDING ALL ABOUT CIF (CUSTOMER INFORMATION FILE)
CIF is one of the important yet much-loved features of internet banking, most of us are well aware of that term. CIF is used when a person deals with a bank; CIF contains all the information of a user or can be said account holder as it is a unique number allotted to every account holder who is using net banking.
It contains brief information about the account holder whether it is his address, DOB, KYC information, Demat account, or even id proofs, and is used by the customer to check their account details through a device they are working with.
HOW TO KNOW SBI CIF NUMBER?
SBI has given various options to view your SBI CIF number, sometimes customer finds difficult to view their number so in this write we will help you to view your number by using any method which we are going to explain below.
METHOD 1 – THROUGH NET BANKING
- Firstly, open up your selected browser.
- Then google SBI in your selected browser.
- Click on the very first link that will appear on the screen after searching.
- Portal – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- You will see two options one is login and another one is yono sbi.
- Post login head to “my account and profile”.
- Under my account and profile head tap on account summary.
- On the right corner, you will see nomination details and PAN details on your screen tap on it.
- Post tapping you will see the SBI CIF number.
METHOD 2 – THROUGH STATEMENT
- Log in your details on the page of SBI.
- Tap on “my account and profile”.
- Post tapping head to “account statement”.
- Fill in the necessary requirement and select “account number”.
- Choose the “month” for which you want to see the statement.
- Afterward, tap on “view” and click on “go”.
METHOD 3 – THROUGH SBI APPLICATION
For viewing your SBI CIF number you need to install the application and post that you need to follow the procedure.
- Post-installation of the SBI app you need to “log in”.
- Then various options will be displayed on the screen.
- You need to tap on the “service option”.
- After that, tap on “online nomination”.
- Choose the account number and transaction number which will be displayed after tapping on the online nomination.
- Now you will see your CIF number.
METHOD 4 – USING CHEQUEBOOK
This method works only if you have chequebook if you don’t have chequebook then you need to issue and this will consume your time. So we will recommend you to go for another method but if you want to you can.
- Open up your SBI bank chequebook.
- After that open your very first page.
- Post that customer information file number will appear on it.
METHOD 5 – VISITING SBI BRANCH
For this method you need to visit your SBI branch it cannot be done through the net what you have to do is after visiting ask your CIF number. For verification, they will ask some necessary questions to confirm your identity. Post verification they will provide you your SBI CIF number.
Point to remember: always carry your necessary documents with you whenever you are visiting the bank (documents– passbook and id proof)
These are some ways you can use to view your CIF number.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHECK CIF NUMBER BY CALLING BANK SUPPORT OR BY SMS?
By calling bank support “yes”, you can but through SMS till now “no” such up-gradation has been done but they are working on it also. So till that, you can use above mention method or by contacting them you can know your SBI CIF number.
You can contact your bank support by dialing the number mentioned below.
SBI TOLL-FREE NUMBER TO CONTACT:
These are toll-free support provided by SBI bank if customers face any problem or there is an issue to solve what they can do is dial any of the above numbers.
CAN WE CHECK SBI CIF NUMBER OFFLINE USING PASSBOOK?
Yes definitely, you can use this approach also to check your customer information file number. This is the easiest and most used way to check your number as it doesn’t require any net connection nor you need to go to the bank either for issue chequebook or to ask them. Simply, open up your passbook on the very first page of your passbook you will see your CIF number on the top of the page.
So far the easiest and effortless method you can go for.
In the following write up you will learn how to check your customer information file numbers using various approaches. So far we have share with you fiver best and the possible way you use to check your number.